Bachelor’s degree students must meet the following criteria:
- Complete at least 128 units or the equivalent. The following maximum units apply:
4 units of physical education activities
4 units of practicum in any one subject field, unless the specific major and/or minor requires additional units
8 units of internship
12 units of music ensemble (MUE) and/or applied music (MU__) at the 101-201 level. Music majors will not be granted these additional ensemble/applied units.
- Complete all Enduring Questions & Ideas (GE) curriculum courses or the equivalent.
- Complete a major.
- Complete a minimum of 3 theology (THL) units at Concordia University Irvine (CUI) during each year of residence until the general education curriculum theology requirement (9 units) is met. Transfer students must complete a minimum of 6 of the general education curriculum theology units, 9 units if the student’s degree program requires more than 4 semesters of residency for completion.
- Maintain a GPA of 2.0 in all academic work (transferred or in residence) and a minimum GPA of 2.0 in major, minor, and program course work unless the major, minor, or program requirement is higher than 2.0.
- Complete a minimum of 1 year residence (32 semester units) as a student at CUI. Furthermore, 18 of the last 24 units completed must be taken at CUI.
- Complete a minimum of 51% of the major and 50% of the minor (if applicable) at CUI.
- Complete 33 units in upper-division (300-400 numbered) courses, of which at least 27 are taken at CUI.
- Demonstrate competency in a second language or successfully complete a full year of instruction in one modern foreign or biblical language at the university level or have successfully completed (“C” average or better) 2 years of world language instruction in the same world language in high school. Bilingual students are exempt from this requirement.
- Complete INT 100 if the student entered CUI with fewer than 24 semester units of university credit.
- File an application for graduation form with the Office of the Registrar by the dates published in the Academic Calendar.
- Complete payment of all fees and tuition due Concordia.
- Receive faculty approval.
Normally, students will not be allowed to take part in graduation ceremonies until all requirements are completed.