Bachelor’s degree students must meet the following criteria:
- Complete at least 120 units or the equivalent. The following maximum units apply:
- 4 units of physical education activities
- 4 units of practicum in any one subject field, unless the specific major and/or minor requires additional units
- 4 units of THR 102 (Applied Stagecraft)
- 8 units of internship
- 12 units of music ensemble (MUE) and/or applied music (MU__) at the 101-201 level. Music majors will not be granted these additional ensemble/applied units.
- Complete all Enduring Questions & Ideas (GE) curriculum courses or the equivalent.
- Complete a major.
- Complete a minimum of 3 theology (THL) units at Concordia University Irvine (CUI) during each year of residence until the general education curriculum theology requirement (9 units) is met. Transfer students must complete a minimum of 6 of the general education curriculum theology units, or 9 units if the student’s degree program requires more than 4 semesters of residency for completion.
- Maintain a GPA of 2.0 in all academic work (transferred or in residence) and a minimum GPA of 2.0 in major, minor, and program course work unless the major, minor, or program requirement is higher than 2.0.
- Complete a minimum of 1-year residence (30 semester units) as a student at CUI. Furthermore, 18 of the last 24 units completed must be taken at CUI.
- Complete 18 units in the major and 9 units in the minor (if applicable) at CUI.
- Complete 30 units in upper-division (300-400 numbered) courses, of which at least 21 are taken at CUI.
- Demonstrate competency in a language, including American Sign Language, other than English by:
- Completion of 2 years of instruction in high school in a single language other than English with an average grade of "C"; no credit is awarded.
- Completion, at the college level, of the final course of first year instruction in a single language other than English with a "C-" or better (equivalent to CUI 102 level or higher).
- The equivalent as determined by an appropriate and available means of evaluation approved by the university.
- Complete INT 100 if the student entered CUI with fewer than 24 semester units of university credit.
- File an application for graduation form with the Office of the Registrar by the dates published in the Academic Calendar.
- Complete payment of all fees and tuition due to CUI.
Normally, students will not be allowed to take part in graduation ceremonies until all requirements are completed.