Skip to Main Content
Navigated to Student Services - Trad UG.

Student Services

Academic Advising

The academic advising team develops an individualized graduation plan for each student. Students are assigned to a professional staff advisor based on their major. Advisors meet regularly with students each semester for academic planning, course selection, sequencing, online enrollment, and connecting with campus resources to persist towards degree completion.

Academic Coaching

The Academic Coaching Center commits to empowering students as lifelong learners by providing support services that will equip them with tools to achieve their academic goals. Our peer-directed academic coaching is offered free of charge.

Tutoring Services

Tutors provide the support needed to understand and explore course concepts and assignments in small group and one-on-one sessions.

The Writing Studio

Writing Consultants support students in their development as writers and critical thinkers. In one-on-one sessions they provide feedback on papers for strength of claims, quality of research, evidence integration, organization and structure, formatting, adherence to assignment, and genre conventions.

Center for Career & Vocation

The Center for Career & Vocation helps students determine and fulfill their career goals. Through fostering confidence, reflective self-assessment, research, skill development, and exposure to opportunities students can feel confident applying for jobs, internships, and graduate school. Students are able to meet with a member of the Career Services team to evaluate major exploration, apply for internships, strategies for job searches and to craft a resume that they feel confident in. Career Services is available for one-on-one coaching, classroom presentations, workshops, and recruitment events.

Cleary Act/Annual Security and Fire Safety Report

Concordia University Irvine is committed to assisting all members of its community in providing for their own safety and security. As per the Clery Act, you are entitled to Concordia’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report.

If you would like to receive a hard copy of this report, stop by the Campus Safety Office in the Administration building room 103 at 1530 Concordia West, Irvine CA 92612, or request that a copy be mailed to you by calling 949-214-3007.

The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, fire safety, crime reporting policies, crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus and/or in the area, disciplinary procedures, and other matters of importance related to the security and safety of the campus.

This information is required by law and is provided by Concordia.

Department of Campus Safety

The Department of Campus Safety is available to respond to all safety concerns and emergencies 24/7 365 days a year by contacting dispatch at 949-214-3000. For immediate or life-threatening emergencies, call 9-1-1 first. Campus Safety Officers also provide assistance with safety escorts, vehicle jumpstarts, and room lock-outs. The Campus Safety office is located in suite 103 of the Administration Building and is open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm M-F. Please refer to the Campus Safety website for crime prevention information and additional programs: https://

Dining Services

The university contracts with Bon Appétit Management Company to provide food services on campus. Bon Appétit will work with students who, for medical reasons, require special diets. The meal plan is regarded as a very important aspect of the university’s social and intellectual life. It is here that informal interchange between cultures and ideas takes place. Therefore, the university requires that all freshman students living in residence halls subscribe to at least a 14-meal plan which provides two meals each day, seven days a week. All students living in residence halls are required to participate in a meal plan. Contact Residential Education and Services for more information.

Disability Access Services

Disability Access Services (DAS) is committed to advancing accessibility for students with disabilities. The mission of DAS is to partner with the campus community in creating equitable access to eligible students while promoting disability-inclusive diversity. We address barriers in the learning, social, and physical environments of Concordia University Irvine through accommodations, education, consultation, and advocacy. Students requesting accommodations should reach out to DAS so that equitable access can be provided:, 949-214-3039.

International Student Services

The Moon International Center team collaborates with campus departments to assist international students in their transition and continual success at the university.


The Library holdings exceed 350,000 volumes includes access to over 61,000 physical books, over 277,000 eBooks, and over 44,000 bibliographic and full-text electronic journals.

During the academic year, the Library is open 77 hours a week and provides access to research computers, group study rooms, as well as printing and copying services. The library catalog, eBook collection, research databases, and research guides/tutorials are available 24-hours a day at The Library offers in-person and online services such as classroom instruction, library workshops/events, and individualized research assistance sessions.

Office of the Registrar

The Office of the Registrar is responsible for maintaining the academic records of the institution. We serve all students, current and former. The office can assist you with address changes, articulation and transfer credit, course schedules, degree posting and commencement, enrollment verifications, NCAA academic eligibility, registration of classes, transcript orders, and other record questions. The office is located on the main floor of Grimm Hall North or can be reached at

Programs Abroad

The Moon International Center supports programs abroad for students as they study, serve, and engage with the world and the Concordia University Irvine community. There are a variety of global locations available that allow the acquisition of real-world skills to be a vibrant reality. Please refer to the Concordia University Irvine Programs Abroad webpage to discover study abroad programs, locations and requirements. Curricula will prepare students to work and live in a truly globalized world, where no question is limited to a local setting. We are proud to offer academically rigorous and personally enriching educational experiences to all Concordia students.

Students are able to apply federal, state and institutional aid for all Concordia University partner programs. For more information visit the Moon International Center located in the Administration Building, suite 120.

Residence Halls

Because Concordia University Irvine is concerned about the total welfare of its students, it seeks to ensure that full-time students have housing accommodations which promote academic, social, and spiritual growth. Students 21 years-of-age or younger who do not live with their parents or close relative(s) are required to live on campus.

Students living on campus will be assigned to a unit that will accommodate 4 students. Please be aware that private bedrooms are not available in any of Concordia's residence halls through Housing Services. Students may request a single room at extra cost if space is available. Residence halls are under the direction of the Dean of Students.

Occupants of the residence halls are responsible for rooms and equipment supplied by the university. Students must maintain full-time status while living in university housing.

Spiritual Life

At the heart of the Great Commission University is the desire to raise up the next generation of disciples. In order to facilitate the discipleship process the university established a campus ministry called abbey west. The goal of abbey west is to engage students in a discipleship process that is rooted in and centered on the gospel.

Gospel-centered discipleship is accomplished through events, activities, and experiences such as: chapel, Sunday evening worship, on-campus Bible studies, as well as through local and global mission, service, and witnessing opportunities.

While abbey west functions under the auspices and with the support of area Lutheran Church– Missouri Synod congregations it is not a ministry just for Lutheran students. Rather, abbey west seeks to engage all students with the gospel and invite them to participate in the discipleship journey together.

Also if you are in need of some spiritual counseling the pastoral staff in abbey west is happy to serve you. For more information or to set up a pastoral appointment please send an e-mail to or call (949) 214-3113.

Student Identification Cards

Concordia University Irvine student identification (ID) cards are available at the Office of Campus Safety in the Administration Building, room 103. Students will need to provide a driver license or government issued ID. Students are required to carry Concordia ID cards on their persons while on campus and need their ID cards for meals, library access, printing services, and other services that require verification of identification. The Office of Campus Safety will not conduct key assists or provide parking permits to students who are unable to show a valid Concordia ID. The first ID card is free. Replacements for lost or damaged cards cost $25.

Student Life and Leadership Development

Concordia University Irvine’s Student Life provides opportunities for learning, involvement, leadership, community building, and creative expressions that extends beyond the classroom. Involvement Fairs are held at the beginning of each semester to connect students to leadership and co-curricular programs. Opportunities include the resident assistants (RAs) program coordinated by the RES Office; abbey west coordinated by Campus Ministry; student life events coordinated through LEAD in the Center for Student Leadership and Development (CSLD); student government, clubs, and organizations through ASCUI in the CSLD office; and the Peer Advising Leaders (PAL) program.

For more information about how to get involved on campus or in student leadership, visit or contact Amanda Norris ( or 949-214-3048).

Title IX

Title IX is a comprehensive federal law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any federally funded education program or activity. Concordia University takes allegations of sexual violence, assault, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, and other sexually inappropriate conduct seriously. As a Christian institution, we believe that sexual intimacy is part of God’s perfect and good design for our lives and should be experienced within a loving and committed union of marriage. As a University, we are working to create a safe and supportive campus community free from sex discrimination. We want to make sure that anyone who reports experiences related to such discrimination feels safe, knows her or his rights, and is aware of all available resources and options to continue to have the opportunity to be successful. We will support all students Title IX-related journeys with privacy, equity, due process, and, most importantly, with Christian care and concern. For questions or reporting concerns please contact the Chief Title IX Coordinator, Megan Bouslaugh, at or at 949-214-3057.

Here are some Title IX related resources:

Vehicles and Parking Permits

Students can apply for a Concordia parking decal by visiting All vehicles parked on university property must be registered with the Department of Campus Safety and display a valid parking permit. Vehicles not displaying a valid parking permit are subject to citation and/or tow. Parking permit applicants need to show proof of current vehicle registration, a current driver's license and possess a Concordia ID Card. Visitor parking permits are available at the gatehouses. Temporary parking permits are also available at the Campus Safety office for individuals who need a pass for more than a day. All drivers are required to drive safely and courteously while adhering to all road signs, crosswalk designations, and parking lot designations. Violators can be cited, towed, and or restricted from driving and parking a vehicle on campus.

All vehicles driven on Concordia University Irvine property must be operated and/or parked in the appropriate parking spaces and in accordance with university regulations ( and the laws of the State of California. It is the driver’s responsibility to abide by these regulations. The university cannot assume liability for loss or damage by theft or accident involving automobiles or motorcycles, of which the owners are advised to provide adequate insurance protection. Persons operating bicycles on university property must also comply with university policy and are encouraged to register their bicycle at

Veterans Resource Center

Veterans Benefits

Concordia University Irvine has been approved to train veterans receiving benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs in accordance with U.S. Code Title 38. Eligible veterans and their dependents seeking educational training may qualify to use Title 38, GI Bill® chapters 1606/1607, 30, 31 VR&E, 33 Post 9/11, 35 (to include Fry Scholarship). Refer to the Department of Veteran Affairs for eligibility criteria. GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

Concordia was designated as a Military Friendly® School, Silver Tier, for the 2024-2025 Academic Year. The Silver Tier designation notes that Concordia is within the top 20% of the 10th-ranked Military Friendly® organizations (excluding the top 10).

The Veterans Resource Center

The Staff Sergeant Matthew Thompson Veterans Resource Center (VRC) is located in the Administration building room 100 and can be reached at (949) 214-3129 or All eligibility for VA benefits remains under the jurisdiction of the VA and not the School Certifying Official (SCO). The SCO abides by School Certifying Official Handbook for all policies and procedures of students using the GI Bill®.

Only programs approved by the VA and listed on WEAMS are accepted by the GI Bill®. Go to weamspub/, click on "California" and search for Concordia University Irvine. Click on “Programs” and all degree programs will be listed under Institutions of Higher Learning, while all certificates will be listed under Non College Degree. Concordia requests approval of all new programs during the month of May and it may take up to six months for California and the VA to approve and list them on WEAMs.

The mission of the VRC is to assist VA beneficiaries with transitioning from the military to the classroom by creating a campus community that ensures their well-being. Our ultimate goal is to prepare student veterans, spouses, and dependents to fully transition into the workforce and contribute to society as wise, honorable, and cultivated citizens. Tthe VRC serves as the liaison between the student and the Department of Veterans Affairs.

The VRC office is open 24/7 and includes free services such as coffee, printing, refrigerator use, microwave use, envelopes, scantrons, and bluebooks. It can also be used as a place to study and network with other student veterans, dependents, and spouses. It is highly recommended that students utilizing VA educational benefits meet with the VRC Director during the semester to go over their remaining entitlement and student account. This can be done in person, over the phone, through Google Meet, or Zoom.

For more information, questions or concerns please contact the VRC at (949) 214-3129 or Other ways to connect with us are on our website, Instagram, our Veteran LinkedIn group, or YouTube Channel SSG Matthew Thompson Veterans Resource Center.

Honor Cords at graduation

The United States Armed Forces Designation: The red, white, and blue cords are worn by students who have honorably served or are currently serving in the United States Armed Forces. Please submit your DD-214 to the VRC. The Office of the Registrar will contact you during the graduation regalia distribution process. Your name will appear in the graduation commencement program along with your branch of service.

Institutional Aid

Undergraduate students are highly recommended to work with the VRC and Financial Aid to create a maximum financial aid award each year. It may be beneficial to apply for FAFSA.

VA Work Study

This program provides a work-study job to students using the GI Bill® that are enrolled at least 3⁄4 time. University students can work up to 25 hours per week in the VRC serving the veteran community. The VRC’s Director is the Work Site supervisor, however, the VA pays the student’s stipend at either the California or Federal 2023-2024 CUI Catalog 19 minimum wage (whichever is highest). More information can be found on our website.

Student Veterans Alliance

The Student Veterans Alliance is a student-led organization that is headquartered in the VRC and is open to all veterans, dependents, and anyone who wishes to be a part of the veteran community. This club is a way to stay connected and involved with Concordia and other Veterans/dependents who attend Concordia.

Veteran and Dependent Responsibilities

  • All forms are located on our website.

  • Change of major/minor/emphasis requires either a VA Form 22-1995 or VA Form 22-5495 submitted to the VA online. We cannot certify your attendance if your major/ minor/emphasis does not reflect what we have on file in the VRC.

    • VA Form 22-1995: For students using the GI Bill® Chapter 30, 1606, and 33 Post 9/11.

    • VA Form 22-5495: For students using the GI Bill® Chapter 35 and the Fry Scholarship.

  • Before you drop or withdraw from a class, please contact the VRC, so that we can explain how your VA benefits may be impacted (to include stipends, BAH/MHA, tuition/fees). Reduction of units below full time, including withdrawal from Concordia, the VA will be notified and VA educational benefits will be prorated or discontinued.

  • If a student ceases progress, either attending classes in person, online or not logging into Blackboard, the VA will be notified with the effective date of last attending classes and/or logging into Blackboard. VA educational benefits (tuition/fees, BAH/MHA, book stipend) will be discontinued when the veteran or eligible person ceases to make satisfactory progress.

  • Please notify the VRC immediately if you are called or will be called to active duty. You can view instructions for the policy here.

  • Prior to the start of each new term that you wish to have your attendance certified to the VA, you must submit the Request to Certify form.

  • Meet with Academic Advising each semester to go over your graduation plan.

  • Chapter 33 Post 9/11 students utilizing a Concordia room and/or board plan: you must make a payment or set up payment arrangements through the Office of the Bursar. You can email the Bursar at or call 949-214-3073. 

Veteran Tuition Discount

Concordia offers a 10% tuition discount on all graduate programs and in the Online Bachelor’s Degree for veterans, active duty, reserve, and National Guard, AND their spouses who are not receiving the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship. For spouses, a marriage certificate and their spouse's DD-214/current orders must be submitted to the VRC. Some graduate programs offer a one-time scholarship for the first term. Our Financial Aid policy dictates that you can have one or the other, and typically the 10% tuition discount always provides more aid. For this reason, we will have to reverse the scholarship once I notify Financial Aid that you are eligible for the 10% tuition discount.

Armed Services Award

Through donations, we are proud to offer an internal scholarship. The SSG Matthew Thompson Veterans Resource Center Armed Services Award provides financial assistance to currently enrolled military veterans (honorable discharge) that have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Current Active Duty, Reservist, or National Guard veterans that are not eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship are eligible for the Armed Services Award. Applications and essays will be reviewed and a limited number of candidates will be selected for an interview with the Armed Services Award Committee.

Military Orders

This section describes the way in which students in the following scenarios may seek tuition relief, refund of payments, and readmission. (1) Active Duty students that receive deployment or Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders, (2) Students in the Reserves and National Guard that are called to active duty during a time of state/national emergency or deployment, and to include (3) the spouse of the above. In these situations, sudden withdrawal or prolonged absence from Concordia University Irvine may occur.

Servicemembers or spouses of servicemembers who are unable to complete a term due to military orders (including but not limited to deployment orders, activation, PCS, etc) may withdraw from a program and receive a full refund of mandatory fees and tuition for the term affected.

Student Responsibilities:

Students intending to withdraw without penalties must provide the Director of the SSG Matthew Thompson Veterans Resource Center  ( and 949-214-3129) and the student’s Program Adviser written notice of intent to withdraw and a copy of the subject military orders. Notice should be provided no fewer than 30 days in advance of planned withdrawal. At the point when the student will no longer be attending class, the appropriate drop/withdrawal form must be completed and submitted to the Office of the Registrar. Students who must withdraw outside of the withdrawal period due to military orders may make arrangements with the registrar to override punitive grades. 

Students wishing not to withdraw shall petition their instructors for appropriate accommodations. If such accommodations are granted, the student's registration shall remain intact and tuition and mandatory fees shall be assessed for the courses in full. 

Students receiving financial aid should consult with the Financial Aid Office ( or (949) 214-3066) in order to obtain clarification and/or further information.


Re-enrollment after your release from Active Duty or Deployment is handled through either Undergraduate or Graduate Admissions. Your readmit application fee will be waived. The Director of the SSG Matthew Thompson Veterans Resource Center will be your liaison to help you through this process so you can continue your academic program.

Wellness Center

The Wellness Center is dedicated to providing high-quality medical and psychological care to our students in a private, confidential, and safe setting. The staff is committed to the wellness of our students.  Students currently registered in at least six (6) units are eligible to receive services. Scholarships are available to those experiencing financial hardship.

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)

CAPS provides psychological counseling services to eligible students. There is a $5 fee for each session. Referrals are available for off-campus groups and other psychiatric services, as needed.

Services include:

  • Assistance with basic needs

  • Individual Sessions 

  • Group Sessions

  • Crisis Intervention

  • Walk-in Appointments

  • Consultation & Referrals

Student Health Services (SHS)

Health services are available to eligible students. Visits are free to full-time undergraduate students and $25 for part-time students. Students must log in to their electronic medical records @ https:// by August 1 for the Fall semester and by December 1 for the Spring semester in order to complete the following requirements, obtain final clearance, and receive services. Hard copies will not be accepted.

  1. Complete Health History Form

  2. Enter dates for the following requirements:

    • MMR #1 (Measles, Mumps & Rubella) vaccine or positive titers

    • MMR #2 (Measles, Mumps & Rubella) vaccine or positive titers

  3. Upload proof of MMR vaccines

Services include:

  • Assessment and treatment of common injuries and illnesses, including mental health

  • Point of care testing such as COVID, flu, mono, strep, etc.

  • TB (Tuberculosis) skin testing

  • Nurse Practitioner consultation on health topics

  • Referral to community resources, as needed

Note: Concordia does not require nor provide health insurance but strongly encourages students to purchase one that fits their needs.